Finch & Pruyn moved their company from Canada to Newcomb in 1928. The base was used as a supply point for their many logging camps. Many French Canadians came to the area for logging and chose to make it their permanent home. The farmers in the area often worked winters for the logging companies to supplement their income. The legacy of logging in this area continues to be evident today.